Milestones of America’s first law library:
The Law Library Company of the City of Philadelphia is founded in 1802 by 71 attorneys, among whom were the most prominent of their time. They form a corporation in order to jointly purchase a collection of legal materials to practice law. Shares of stock in the company are sold for $20; annual dues are $2.
William Rawle publishes the first law library catalog in the nation listing 391 titles.
The Law Library Company of the City of Philadelphia merges with the Associated Members of the Bar and becomes known as the Law Association of Philadelphia.
The library's name changes to the Law Library of the Philadelphia Bar Association.
The Theodore F. Jenkins Memorial Law Library is established with court approval to carry out the provisions of the will of the late Madeleine Hart Jenkins. It was her wish that her late husband, Theodore Finley Jenkins, be memorialized in a manner that would benefit the Bar and the public.
Jenkins installs a Westlaw terminal.
We create our online catalog, Jenkins Automated Catalog (JAC).
The library develops the first version of its first website. We also begin offering hands-on research classes for CLE.
Jenkins celebrates its 200th Anniversary.
The library is renovated in order to meet the needs of 21st century legal research.
The library's new website launches.