Jenkins has a small collection of medical resources. A selection of those are listed below.
Tip: This guide focuses on materials available at Jenkins. For more in-depth medical resources, it is best to use a medical library, such as Jefferson University's Scott Memorial Library, Temple University's Health Sciences Libraries, and University of Pennsylvania's Biomedical Library. These libraries may have access restrictions or charges. We recommend contacting the library before visiting for the most up-to-date policy information.
Medical Acronyms & Abbreviations
- Location: R121 .A88 2002 (General Collection)
- Note: Library has ©2002 with up-to-date pocket part.
- Note: Replaces Am. Jur. Proof of Facts Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary.
Dorland's Illustrated Medical Dictionary W. B. Saunders
- Location: R121 .D67 2003 (Reference; General Collection)
- Note: Library has 30th (2003) and 29th (2000) editions.
- Location: R121 H217 1987 (General Collection)
- Note: Library has ©1987.
Mosby's Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing & Health Professions Mosby/Elsevier
- Location: R121 .M89 2009 (General Collection)
- Note: Library has 8th (2009) edition.
- Note: Includes Medical Spellchecker CD.
Stedman's Medical Dictionary Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Location: R121 .S8 2000 (Reference)
- Note: Library has print access to the 27th (2000) edition.
Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary F.A.Davis
- Location: R121 .T18 2001 (General Collection)
- Note: Library has 19th (2001) edition.
Historic Medical Dictionaries (pre-1950)
Medical Resources for Attorneys
Anatomy & Medical Jargon for Lawyers Pennsylvania Bar Institute
- Location: R123 .A5 1997 (Historic)
- Note: Library has ©1997.
- Location: KF3821 S352 (Historic)
- Note: Library print copy last updated October 2013.
- Electronic Access: Library Lexis computers.
Attorneys' Textbook of Medicine LexisNexis
- Location: KF3821 G781 (General Collection)
- Note: Library has 3rd edition with recent updates.
- Ebook Access: LexisNexis Digital Library via Jenkinslaw.org (Membership resource, available to all Jenkins members)
- Location: KF3821 L425 (Historic)
- Note: Library has 6th edition with updates through May 2013.
- Location: RA1017 S634 1988 (General Collection)
- Note: Library has ©1987 with 1992 supplement.
Physicians' Desk Reference (PDR)
The PDR and its subsidiary volumes contain drug label information, including dosages, side effects, and safety information. Data on clinical trials are also included.
Physicians' Desk Reference: PDR Medical Economics Co.
- Location: RS75 .P5 (General Collection)
- Note: Library has annual editions and supplements from 54th (2000) to 71st (2017), 51st (1997), 49th (1995), 48th (1994), 46th (1992), 44th (1990), 39th (1985), 33rd (1979), 31st (1977), and 27th (1973) editions.
- Note: Print publication discontinued with 71st (2017) edition.
PDR for Herbal Medicines Medical Economics Co.
- Location: RS75 .P5H (General Collection)
- Note: Library has 4th (2007) edition.
PDR for Nonprescription Drugs PDR Network
- Location: RS75 .P5N (General Collection)
- Note: Library has 35th (2014), 33rd (2012), and 31st (2010) editions.
- Note: Discontinued by publisher.
- Location: RS75 .P5C (General Collection)
- Note: Library has 64th (2010) edition.