Constitution of 1968
Constitution of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania 1968
Available via the Duquesne University School of Law PA Constitution site.
Constitutions of Pennsylvania; Constitution of the United States Legislative Reference Bureau
Includes the text of and index to the 1968, 1874, 1838, 1790, and 1776 Pennsylvania Constitutions.
Also available on Micro. Library also has 1964 and 1930 editions.
- Debates of the Pennsylvania Constitution Convention of 1967-68, Volumes I and II
- The Convention: Reference Manuals
- Constitutional Convention - The Preparatory Committee Testimony at Public Hearings and Other Statements
- Constitutional Proposals Adopted by the Convention, 1967-68
- Pennsylvania Bar Association Quarterly Volume XXXIV, January 1963, No. 2A
Convention Calendar (Pa-86 - Microforms)
January 23, 1968 - February 29, 1968.
Vol. 1, no. 1 - vol. 3, no. 20
Debates of the Pennsylvania Constitutional Convention of 1967- 1968
Also available on Micro. Includes:
- Historical Sketch and Calendar of Events
- Act No. 2 of 1967, Providing for a Constitutional Convention
- Tabulation of Votes Cast on Constitutional Proposals, Primary Election of May 16, 1967
- Constitutional Convention Preparatory Committee
- Constitutional Convention Delegates and Executive Staff
- Constitutional Convention Staff
- Constitutional Convention Districts
- Rules of the Constitutional Convention
- Proposals Adopted by the Constitutional Convention with Comparative Text of Present Constitution
- Tabulation of Votes Cast on Constitutional Proposals, Presidential Primary Election of April 23, 1968
- Final History of Proposals: February 29, 1968 (Preliminary History of Proposals: available on Micro.)
- Daily Journals plus Index to Journals (Also available on Micro - Pa-89A-R.)
Journals of the Convention
December 1, 1967 - February 29, 1968.
Records of the Constitutional Convention and Council of Censors, 1967-68 (Pa-113 - Microforms)
List of documents and materials, no text of convention.
- The Convention
- Constitutions of Pennsylvania; Constitution of the United States
- A History of Pennsylvania Constitutions
- Local Government
- The Judiciary
- Legislative Apportionment
- Taxation and State Finance
Rules with Index (Pa-87 - Microforms)
Delegates & Committees
Certified List of Delegates (Pa-78 - Microforms)
Lists delegate, party affiliation, district, home and office addresses, and occupation.
Constitutional Convention Committee Assignments (Pa-88 - Microforms)
Constitutional Convention Delegates' Guidebook, Part I and II (Pa-81A-B - Microforms)
Roster of Delegates lists delegate, district, address, and occupation.
Includes List of Registered Lobbyists as of December 7, 1967.
Directory, as of December 18, 1967 (Pa-84 - Microforms)
Directory of Delegates
Includes a short biography and picture of each delegate.
Directory of Delegates: Preliminary Edition
Includes a short biography and picture of each delegate.
Roster of Delegates by Districts (Pa-85 - Microforms)
Committee Proposals: Preliminary Bulletin
Bulletin no. 4, Feb. 26, 1968 (Proposal no. 1-7).
No. 1000 (Dec. 12, 1967) - No. 1209 (Jan. 11, 1968).
Proposals for Revision of the Constitution of Pennsylvania
1968. Also available on Micro.
Reports & Hearings
- Committee on the Judiciary, Transcript & Statements, December 27, 1967
- Committee on Local Government, Transcript & Statements, December 28, 1967
- Committee on Taxation, Testimony & Statements, December 29, 1967
- Committee on Legislative Apportionment, Testimony & Statements, December 29, 1967
Report of the Governor's Commission on Constitutional Revision
January 24, 1964.
Report to the Convention of the Committee on Taxation and State Finance (Pa-93 - Microforms)
February 1, 1968.
Testimony at Public Hearings and Other Statements
August 3, 1967.
Halfway There: An Interim Report on Constitutional Revision (Pa-114 - Microforms) Modern Constitution for Pennsylvania, Inc.
P.E.L. State Bulletin: Constitutional Convention Edition (KFP401.A2 Pa116A-F - Microforms) Pennsylvania Economy League
- No. 1 - "Thou Shall Be a Convention"; August, 1967.
- No. 2 - "Taxation and Finance"; November, 1967.
- No. 3 - "Local Government"; December, 1967.
- No. 4 - "Legislative Appointment"; January 1968.
- No. 5 - "The Judiciary"; February, 1968.
- No. 6 - "It's Up to the Voter: The Conventions Recommends"; April, 1968.
Proposals of the Pennsylvania Bar Association to the Preparatory Committee and the Constitutional Convention Pennsylvania Bar Association
July 31, 1967.
Q&A: Questions and Answers about Pennsylvania's 1967-1968 Constitutional Convention (Pa-66 - Microforms) League of Women Voters of Pennsylvania
Post 1967-1968 Constitutional Convention.
"We Meet with History": the Pennsylvania Constitutional Convention, 1967-1968 (Pa-67 - Microforms) League of Women Voters of Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania Bar Association
Highlights of the 12 Resolutions Presented to the 1963 Legislature Pennsylvania Bar Association
Pennsylvania Constitutional Revision: 1966 Handbook Pennsylvania Bar Association
September 12, 1966.
Project Constitution Sub-Committee Reports (Pa-26 - Microforms) Pennsylvania Bar Association
33 Pa. Bar Assn. Quarterly 378-498, June, 1962.
The Proposed New Judiciary Article of the Pennsylvania Constitution (Pa-115 - Microforms) Pennsylvania Bar Association
"As revised by the Pennsylvania Bar Association at its 1963 Summer Meeting at Tamiment, PA". July 15, 1963.
Report of the Special Committee on Project Constitution, 1964 Pennsylvania Bar Association
December 7, 1964. Also available on Micro.
Report of the Special Committee on Project Constitution, 1966 Pennsylvania Bar Association
January 1966. Also available on Micro.
A Revised Constitution for Pennsylvania: Project Constitution (Pa-27 - Microforms) Pennsylvania Bar Association
34 Pa. Bar Assn. Quarterly No. 2A, January, 1963.
A Revised Constitution for Pennsylvania: "Project Constitution": 12 Resolutions Pennsylvania Bar Association
December 17, 1963. Also available on Micro.
Pennsylvania Economy League
Comparison of Proposed New Constitutional Provisions with Pennsylvania's Present Constitution Pennsylvania Economy League
Revised Edition, July, 1965.
Constitutional Revision in Pennsylvania, 2 Parts Pennsylvania Economy League
"Shall there be a Constitution?"; P.E.L. State Bulletin, vol. 10, no. 2; April, 1967.
"$500 Million Debt for Conservation"; P.E.L. State Bulletin, vol. 10, no. 3; May, 1967.
County Government Under the Pennsylvania Constitution Pennsylvania Economy League
Philadelphia and Constitutional Revision Bureau of Municipal Research and Pennsylvania Economy League
Yes or No: Analysis of Proposed Amendments Pennsylvania Economy League
P.E.L. State Bulletin, vol. 9, no. 2, April, 1966.
Crusade Constitution, Parts I-II (Pa-54 - Microforms) Pennsylvania Council of Republican Women
"A Guide for Study of Proposals for a Revised Constitution for Pennsylvania Presented to the 1963 Session of the Legislature by the Pennsylvania Bar Association".
Everybody's Business: the State Constitution League of Women Voters of Pennsylvania
Guide to Constitutional Revision League of Women Voters of Pennsylvania
Seminar on Constitutional Issues (Pa-70 - Microforms) Council for a More Effective Constitutional Convention, Pennsylvania State University
Middletown, October 6, 1967
Series on Constitutional Revision, No. 1-13 (Pa-50A-M - Microforms) Modern Constitution for Pennsylvania, Inc.
- "How to Revise a Constitution by Really Trying"
- "Constitutional Revision...Why and How"
- "Even Constitutions Grow Old and Gray"
- "A Modern Constitution the Easy Way"
- "A Bill of Rights for Pennsylvania", Senate Bill 530
- "General Confusion or General Assembly?", Senate Bills 531 & 532
- "How to Govern Without Power", Senate Bill 533
- "Public Offices are Public Trusts", Senate Bills 534 & 535
- "Nobody Loves a Tax Collector", Senate Bill 536
- "Government Begins at Home", Senate Bill 537
- "Government vs. Business", Senate Bills 538 & 539
- "Is Blind Justice Crippled, Too?"
- "The Bright Future", Senate Bills 530-540