"Principles of Corporate Governance does not cover all of corporate law, but only a limited number of selected topics: the objective and conduct of the business corporation, the structure of the corporation, the duty of care, the duty of fair dealing, the role of directors and shareholders in transactions in control and tender offers, and remedies." Chief Reporter's Foreword to Principles of Corporate Governance, at XXV (1994).
Jenkins has access to the Principles of Corporate Governance in print, on the library's Westlaw computers, and on the member database HeinOnline. Drafts and case annotations may also be available. See below to find out more about this Principle of the Law and how to access it.
The member database HeinOnline includes access to the Principles of the Law and their annotations. Many drafts may also be available on HeinOnline. Members must be logged in to jenkinslaw.org to access this database. HeinOnline is also available in the library. See below for more information.
- Direct Access: Volume 1, Volume 2
- Once in HeinOnline, select American Law Institute Library > Restatements & Principles of the Law > Corporate Governance: Analysis and Recommendations
- Annotations are found in the 2015 Cumulative Annual Pocket Part and Case Citations files. The Case Citations files are not cumulative. To be thorough, researchers should check all Case Citations files dated after the 2015 Cumulative Annual Pocket Part.
- Drafts are located below the case citations. Includes Memorandum, Advisory Group, Council, Discussion, Tentative, and Proposed Final Drafts, as well as other remarks and revisions.
Westlaw, available in the library, includes access to the Principles of the Law. When available, case annotations follow the text of the Principle section and are labeled "Case Citations". Westlaw indicates the currency of these annotations in the update information found above the Principle section.
Principles of Corporate Governance: Analysis and Recommendations
- Available on the library's Westlaw computers.
- Once in Westlaw, from the Content types tab, select Secondary Sources > Restatements & Principles of the Law > Principles of Corporate Governance: Analysis & Recommendations
- Archive materials (drafts) not available on Westlaw.
Jenkins collects the Principles of the Law in print format. In print, case annotations to Principles of the Law can be found in the annual pocket parts located in the back inside "pocket" of each volume. Depending on the date of pocket part, additional case citations may be available in the most recent Interim Case Citations to the Restatements of the Law. Select drafts may also be available in either print or microfiche format.
Principles of Corporate Governance: Analysis and Recommendations American Law Institute
(KF1415 A509 1994)
- Jenkins has select drafts in print and on microfiche in the library. Search the Jenkins' catalog for "American Law Institute" "corporate governance" draft* for a full list of available drafts.