Federal Legislative Histories
Legislative history materials for the various securities acts can be found in the following sources. Other resources may be available; contact Research Services at 215.574.1505 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tip: For more information regarding compiling legislative histories, see our Federal Legislative History guide.
Jenkins' Print Collection
- Location: HeinOnline, remote access available with Jenkins' member ID number (membership resource, available to most Jenkins members)
- Source Trail: From Browse Collections, select U.S. Federal Legislative History Library then select the appropriate letter of the alphabet and the title of the Act.
The following Legislative Histories related to Securities Acts are available (as of 5/13/2016):
- Corporate Fraud Responsibility: A Legislative History on the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002
- Investment Company Act of 1940 and Investment Advisers Act of 1940
- Legislative History of the Government Securities Reform Act of 1993
- Legislative History of Securities Acts Amendments of 1975 (Arnold and Porter)
- Legislative History of Securities Acts Amendments of 1975 (Committee on Interstate and Foreign Commerce)
- Legislative History of the Securities Act of 1933 and Securities Exchange Act of 1934
- Legislative History of the Securities Exchange Act Amendments of 1968
- Legislative History of the Securities Investor Protection Act Amendments of 1978
- National Securities Markets Improvement Act of 1996
- Securities Act Amendments - 1970
- Securities Exchange Act Amendments of 1936
- Securities Exchange Act Amendments of 1968
- Securities Exchange Managed Account Restrictions Repeal (1993)
- Security Exchange Act Amendments of 1938