Research guides



Self-Help Divorce Forms

If you want to file for a simple, no-fault divorce in Pennsylvania, forms that you will use for each step of the process are available from the Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania's website. Here's how you access them:

  • Visit the Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania's Divorce Proceedings webpage.
  • Scroll down and click on the forms in the section that correspond to the type of divorce case you want to pursue ("mutual consent", "applicabale time of separation", etc.) 

Before you begin, it is recommended that you read the instructions in the Divorce Procedure in Pennsylvania. Please note that several forms have been recently updated and parts of this document are out of date. The Unified Judicial System website suggests reading the procedure document carefully and checking back to their site for an updated document soon. For more information on the recent changes to PA divorce forms, see our blog post on the topic.

See also the 2-page "Divorce in Philadelphia County" brochure by the Family Law Section of the Philadelphia Bar Association.

"Fault" Divorce & Additional Resources

For more complicated divorce matters, including when there is property, you are seeking alimony, or you want to obtain a divorce on "fault" grounds, you should consult an attorney to determine which forms and procedures will apply to your specific situation. The Philadelphia County Domestic Relations Practice manual includes a chapter on Divorce Practice, which can serve as a starting point for researching a divorce on "fault" grounds in Philadelphia.

The Pennsylvania Bar Association publishes a basic FAQ pamphlet on Divorce and Separation.

For the text of the Pennsylvania Divorce Code, see Title 23, Part IV of the Pennsylvania Statutes. These statutes are available through the Pennsylvania General Assembly's website. You can also find the statutes with annotations (notes that point to additional references and relevant case citations) in print at Jenkins or though other sources as noted in our Pennsylvania Statutes guide.

If you wish to conduct your own research at Jenkins, please check our catalog or ask a librarian where to find materials on your particular topic.