COVID-19 has changed the way we approach everyday activities, including researching and practicing the law. To help attorneys adjust to this "new normal", many state and local bar associations have published articles with tips and advice on legal practice during this ever-evolving situation. The HeinOnline Bar Journal Library is a great place to explore some of these articles.
The Bar Journal Library on HeinOnline includes over 140 state and local bar journals from nearly every state and the District of Columbia. This collection includes the Pennsylvania Bar Association Quarterly, the New Jersey Lawyer, and the Delaware Lawyer.
Searching this collection for covid OR coronavirus returns over 400 results from more than 40 bar journals. Topics are varied and include articles on managing stress and anxiety, due process, contract issues, cybersecurity, mediation, tenant's rights, and more. Below are a few of the timely articles you can find in the Bar Journal Library:
- Coronavirus, Caregivers and Child Custody: A Pragmatic Solution for Parents Who Seek to Protect Their Children during the COVID-19 Crisis by Kaleb Byars, 56 Tenn. B.J. 28 (May 2020)
- Cybersecurity in Pandemic Times by Mark Lanterman, 77 Bench & B. Minn. 8 (April 2020)
- Due Process in the Time of Coronavirus by Grant C. Killoran & Christa D. Wittenberg, 93 Wis. Law. 18 (April 2020)
- Managing Anxiety & Stress in the World of Covid-19, 80 Iowa Law. 19 (April 2020)
- Navigating Commercial Leases and Real Estate Loans during COVID-19 by Robin L. Nolan & Adam F. Aldrich, 49 Colo. Law. 36 (June 2020)
- The New Wave of Litigation: An Early Report on COVID-19 Claims by Grant C. Killoran, Joseph D. Newbold & Erica N. Reib, 93 Wis. Law. 18 (June 2020)
- Rethinking Your Law Practice for Covid-19 by Daniel M. Cyr, Dana Zivkovich & Heather George Myers, 63 Res Gestae 26 (April 2020)
- Summary of the Impact of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act by Jaklyn Wrigley, 66 Miss. Law. 31 (Spring 2020)
- Virtual Mediation Can Work Well with Proper Preparation by Kimberly Stamatelos, 80 Iowa Law. 18 (May 2020)
- Working with Remote Employees: What You Need to Know in a Crisis and Beyond by Carron E. Nicks, 83 Tex. B.J. 267 (April 2020)
Need additional help navigating HeinOnline? Try searching the HeinOnline Knowledge Base which provides guides, videos, and tips to using the database.
Have more questions? Ask Us!
HeinOnline is a membership database available to most Jenkins members.